A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Friday, June 18, 2010

Scary Borough, Tate Modern (gift shop only) and that big domed church...

Cool grafitti in a sketchy park somewhere off of the Borough's tube stop. Lost again....

Sign of good grafitti maybe also a sign for me to not be there by myself...

It's ok though b/c there was a crazy lady dancing in the flower garden and clapping her hands (not shown).

Not sure, but it's pretty! kind of!

Yes, I realize it is just a concrete building with different colored window frames, but I like it.

Apptly called the blue building.

Tate Modern giftshop-one of my favorite design stores in London!

Tate

St. Paul's & Millenium Bridge

Tate Modern. It's free entry.

St. Paul's and Millenium Bridge. again. but from the other side!

From underneath the bridge!

I always liked these curved apartments along the Thames... (and my favorite light poles)

St. Paul's

So as you can see, this morning I decided to take a trip along the Thames. Although the map said the Borough stop was the closest to the Tate Modern, next time I think I will take my chances and take a different stop. I kept thinking, if I feel I am to get mugged anywhere in London, I feel certain it would be here. Luckily, I was able to pop into a creepy park and at least get some good grafitti shots. There was loads more grafitti, but it was on the other side of the park which was just too risky! As you can see, it was not the sunniest of days, so that will explain why I thought the photos were better in black and white. I attempted to take some panaroamics on my camera of the Thames using the "stitch" tool, but clearly, those didn't work out as they are not posted. Stitch must mean take 5 different photos and stitch them together in photoshop yourself.
Anyways, after watching the dissapointing draw of the U.S. vs. Slovania game (yes, we TOTALLY should have won 3-2 except the ref decided not to count the last goal we made!), I'm making my last post in London for a few days. Clair and I are headed down (or up? not sure) to Seven Oaks (part fo London or town or suburb-again not sure) to meet up with her mom's friend, then off to Dover tomorrow. I'm kind of excited to ride in a car again. As great as the tube and bus system is here, I miss my car!

2 comments:

  1. It's sad that someone's artistic talent is being wasted!

    Love your pics along the Thames though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were gonna let Colt take your car out for a spin for his birthday present!

    ReplyDelete