A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sunshine at Marble Arch & Hyde Park

Marble Arch

Long Acre Road (near Leicester Square & Covent Garden)

The sun is finally out!!!

To celebrate the sun's return, I took a nap on this hill at Hyde Park Corner in the sun!

I also laid in Bob's garden where these beautiful roses are blooming!

The sun has finally made another apperance in London after almost a week! It's very exciting as I'm ready for summer weather (not Houston summer like 100 degrees) and to take off my jacket! I've been taking small trips out the past few days for errands-mainly to Leicester Square and Oxford Circus. I have come to the conclusion that Oxford Circus may be one of my least favorite places in London. It is always SO packed. I mean even when I get on the tube, I only ever get to stand right in the door and hold onto the rail above my head and pray that I don't fall over when it jogs to a start or stop (not that if I fell over I would go very far except onto other people). I made the unfortunate mistake of going into Primark at Oxford Circus too yesterday. I always see at least 25 people carrying a Primark bag whether I'm in town where there's one, or out by Bob's where there's not. So I decided to try it. Um, big mistake! It was like a cattle heard. I couldn't even move. There were clothes all over the floor because the sales personel clearly couldn't clean up with the thousands of people rummaging for sizes. The clothes were really cheap-cheaper than H&M and about the same style, so I could see the draw, but the que (yes British word=line) to check out was over 50 people long. And it was a Tuesday when school and work were still in!
Today, I went back to Oxford Circus to go to the Nike Store. I popped in quickly, got my World Cup shirt, and took the bus to Hyde Park Corner where I laid out on the hill with a Coke, my ipod, and the sun! Perfect. Made it home on the bus and continued my evening by hanging out in Bob's garden. Not that exciting, but a perfect summer day to me!


3 comments:

  1. I like the sun too! Too bad Im still employed and stuck inside all day. Not so sure if I'd actually take a nap tho...I get dark wayyyy too fast. Does sound nice tho...drink, tunes, and sun!

    Went to another yoga class today, not hot tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's what i'm talkin' bout!! :) i wish i could send you some ice for your coke...

    ReplyDelete