A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Monday, June 7, 2010

Balham, Clapham, Oxford Circus and more...

Church in Balham
Harrison's Cafe in Balham
Cute shoe store off of Abbeyville Road (on our way back from a stroll around Clapham Common)
Oxford Circus
Where to go, Where to go?!?
Gotta have Faith!
Graffiti at the Arts School off Leicester Square
Near Cath Kidston store off Neal's Rd.
Mexican Restaraunt in London. If I liked Mexican food, I might try it to see how it measures up...

Well, it's taken me a little while to figure out how to post multiple photos (did you know they post them backwards??strange). The past few days haven't been too busy. On Saturday, Clair, Bob, and I went down to Balham to get some of my boring yet necessary living items like hangers and an alarm clock. The alarm clock I got from a store called Argos where you look through a catalog in the store, chose the item and pay for it (if it's in stock), then they bring it to you from the warehouse out back. Very different from shopping in the U.S.!!

Sunday I was quite lazy and layed around watching American shows on the t.v., but around 4 p.m., Bob and I decided to make better use of oursleves, and take a stroll around Clapham Common. Too bad the rain didn't want us too. We walked for about an hour and half, but as we hit the North Side (Bob's closer to the Southside, pub's in the middle area-at which we stopped to get a beer), it started to rain, so we turned around. Maybe next time we'll get all the way around.

Today was the busiest day yet. We got up and decided to go more into London. We rode the bus to Marble Arch and walked down Oxford Street. It was terribly crowded though, so we didn't much feel like shopping (well Bob never feels like shopping and I don't have lots of money to spend on that sort of thing). We walked down to Oxford Circus and walked towards Portland Place where we found the Royal Institute of British Architects (not by accident, we looked everywhere for it). We looked in the bookshop. Not suprisingly, no one offered me a job.haha. I don't much look like an Architect/designer in my jeans and converse. From here we walked down (or maybe up-who knows) towards Leicester Sqaure. We went into Foyles, the largest book store in the U.K. so I could buy some more books. Having so much free time is so foreign to me, so I finally get to get all the books I've been wanting to read! We walked around the Leicester Square area, down Neal's Road to Cath Kidtson and did a bit more shopping, before catching the tube back to Clapham, just before the rain got here!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are fulfilling that dream of yours as we speak. :D So much FUN! How surprising that Bob isn't the shopping partner you needed!! lol. Love the Harrison's pic -- of course you stopped by to introduce yourself to your long-lost fam... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you find this surprising or not, but I'm checking up on you, reading what you've got to say and finding it quite interesting. Like I told you a long time ago, always wished I had done something like this! Look forward to reading/viewing more!

    ReplyDelete