A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Petersfield & Portsmouth

This is in the parking lot of Clair's work. No really. She works at a Fort used during the war on top of Portsdown Hill overlooking Portsmouth. There are cannons, missles, old war trucks, and torpedos. Zak-I thought you would have definitely gotten on this thing and pretended like you were shooting. am I right? ;)

Old Portsmouth

Royal Garrison Church, Old Portsmouth-built in 1212 as part of a hospital complex and bombed during the war-hence the missing roof over the nave

Royal Garrison Church

Clair and I sitting on a ledge somewhere in Old Portsmouth
Bob and I on a cool bench-close-ups a few photos down (of the benches, not us)


More cool benches in Old Portsmouth

THE cool benches

All lined up to look at the harbor

Portsmouth Beach-all pebbles again, no sand
Love my lamp posts. These lamps clearly made to mimic Spinnaker Tower (in the background)

Spinnaker Tower and some boats

reminds me of something in Dubai....

The building at the end is called by locals the "Liptsick Tower"

We decided to check out Porstmouth from 105 meters up in Spinnaker Tower. Man it looks high!

The glass floor on the first viewing deck

I was too chicken to walk on it. But some people had no problems with it...

Spectacular views!





Somewhere in Portsmouth

Outside of Petersfield Cathedral

Most of the explanation of my 3 day weekend (ok, I guess I get 7-day weekends), is in the captions of the photos. Just to set the stage, Clair picked Bob and I up Thursday night for a long weekend in Petersfield where she lives. Portsmouth is where she works and just a few miles down the road. Saturday was the hottest day of the year (30-31 degrees Celcius--so about 86-87 in Farenheit-NO humidty!). U.S.A and England both lost their World Cup matches. I wonder if England will take all their flags down now?

3 comments:

  1. YEAH pictures of my family! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so good!! :) love the pics, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome day down by the coast, weather-wise :-) Portsmouth always reminds me of Titanic.. yes, that is the geek coming out in me!

    ReplyDelete