A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Antique shopping!

Upper Street-Islington (a region of London-I don't know if region is the right word...)

After Noah antique shop on Upper Street (my favorite shop in London-so far!)

So many great things!

Wooden printing blocks! My fav!

If it wouldn't be so hard to carry back, I'd get a cool vintage globe!

Jennie Ing Prints-Went to an antique show in Chelsea Town Hall, and fell in love with these (despite the fact that they are not actually antiques at all). These are three seperate prints, but I thought they would go great together!
So the past few days I have spent my time laying out in Bob's garden (it was 75 degrees today instead of 55!), and going around the antique shops looking for some unique souveniers. At After Noah, I ended up buying a 1930's briefcase as I thought it might be nice to display thinsg like postcards in, some old tea cans, and an old letter "S" off of a cinema sign. Maybe not great finds to everyone else, but treasures to me! Now if only I could figure out a way to transport these old Westminster street signs they have, I would buy one of them too! (Too bad they are larger than my suitcase and made of stainless steel making them 10-15 lb.s each-but where there's a will, there's a way!).

1 comment:

  1. How much would it cost to have something like that shipped home?

    ReplyDelete