A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Friday, June 4, 2010

My Home Away from Home


So after arriving early this morning around 7 a.m. (U.K. time), I was questioned by immigration for an hour and a half on my visit to the U.K. (as was Clair!). After finally getting out of Heathrow airport and arriving at my home away from home-Bob's flat, the rest of the day consisted of 6 cups of tea (the nights still young), laying out in Bob's garden, my favorite food in the world-batter dipped English sausages (apparently they contain no meat?), and a Shandi at the Windmill Pub in Clapham Common. Quite a good first day (minus the immigration mess). Hello London, Goodbye Houston. Miss everyone already.

5 comments:

  1. It didnt take you long to get online. YEAH! We love you and miss you. So jealous your there...wish we were too! Whats a Shandi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you make it up north, tell Harrow on the hill I said hi! That used to be my home away from home :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You're there! Who knew?!! A Shandi? I feel so out-of-it. Thanks for including my blog as one of your faves! It will lead folks to the new link. Please let me know of fashion trends. I need to get out of 2005.
    -MMT (auntmoxie.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaye Becky!!! Good luck with your journey the next 6 months. I will definitely be following along!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture just LOOKS like you!! :) MISSING you. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete