A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reflections of St. Paul's


This was taken accidentally when my umbrella flew inside out for the fifth time.





No one on the Millenium Bridge-amazing! It probably had something to do with the massive amoutn of rain.



Tower Bridge off in the background










So last night I went to my second photography social in the St. Paul's area. Too bad it was one of the most miserable days and nights we've seen the whole time I've been here with cold temperatures and pouring rain from dawn to midnight! This being said, not too many people showed up for this one. Our assignment was definitely appropriate for the day, as it was to capture St. Paul's in reflections only. As you can see, some of these photos wouldn't really classify as I captured St. Paul's itself, and other things-not St. Paul's, but while I was getting soaked to the bone, I wanted to get as many good shots as I could. Holding the umbrella while shooting was impossible, especially when crossing over Millenium Bridge which was super slippery and super windy, blowing my umbrella inside out with every chance it got! We made it back to the pub just in time for my camera to go haywire and the screen to turn pink. It was more than a little wet, and having to wipe the lense on my shirt every 5 seconds couldn't have helped. Hopefully it just needs to dry out and rest, but had a great time just the same!

2 comments:

  1. WOW1 GREAT PICS! I love the 1st pic the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pics are awesome! for a dreary day, you got some really good shots!!

    ReplyDelete