A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lesson Learned TFL-Bayswater Art Market and Peter Pan!

Kensington Garden-on what BBC called a SUNNY day. liars.


Peter Pan statue-Don't know if the statue or J.M. Barrie's books Peter Pan in Kensington Garden came first

I found it odd that they built that random skyscraper right across the street from such a tranquil place since most of them are in the City! Maybe they don't have zoning here either.

Thought this was so cute!

Bayswater Art Market-Didn't see anything I liked except for the artist I bought from last year in April


hahahahaha. a memorable artist from my trip there last April



Other side of Bayswater Road-at Queensway Station

On my walk to Notting Hill-you can tell even from this shot just how sunny it was outside.haha

On my way to Portobello Road

A sampling of Portobello Road stores that are not antiquariums

So I learned a very valuable lesson today about traveling on the weekends with planned tube engineering works-it's a pain even if my tube stop isn't closed (tfl stands for Transport for London). I thought because part of each of the lines I needed were open, that I could hop lines to get to where I needed to be. Well this worked well enough getting to Queensway where I could walk up and down Bayswater to get to stops like Lancaster Gate, Notting Hill Gate, and Marble Arch. So I spent about 2 hours walking arlound the art market, in Kensington Garden, and up Portobello Road (yes, the Portobello Road market was yesterday, but I cannot wake up in time for the market anymore-that's the good thing about the Bayswater Art Market-the artists get there around noonish!). By the time I was done with this, and ready to go home, I was exhausted and had no idea what I was in for. 2 hours later, 5 tube station changes later, and one standing bus ride, I finally made it back to Bob's. Apparently, things don't work the same way going back Southeast as they do going Northwest on the tube map. And the 137 bus decided to play it's role by not going to Oxford Circus, and instead of being every 8-10 minutes, being every 40 minutes. Lesson learned London-stay in on the weekends or within walking range! Still a good day though!

1 comment:

  1. Cool pics! sOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD FUN GETTING HOME. dO YOU MISS YOUR CAR YET? Oppps just noticed I was in all caps...sorry. Still dont look at the screen when I type! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete