A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Double Dose-Night Shots

Poster that inspired me to go check out if I could see anything at Battersea Power Station tonight with the International Motocross Tour giong on (of course I didn't expect blue lightning, but blue lights would be cool and a motorcrosser or two flying 200 feet in the sky! I mean this gig attracts 18,000 people!)

Sunset outside Bob's door


Chelsea Bridge



So this was about as close as we could get to Battersea Power station, and sadly, we saw the blue lights on the towers when we were on the bus, and no more.





So this morning I set my alarm for 7 a.m. to go to Portobello Road market. Well when you are no longer waking up before 10 a.m., 7 a.m. comes as a shock. It did not happen. As you can see from the post below, I went to the V&A Museum instead as it was raining, and I could travel in the underground tunnels from the tube station to the museums. I spent a few hours there (more than I spend usually-usually I just scope out the gift shop), and then headed back to Bob's. On the way back, I spotted the poster above in the tube station and remembered this event (which admittedly, yes, I would like to have gone to-the blue lightning got me-marketing geniuses!). Around 9, Bob and I got the 137 bus to Battersea to see if we could see anything. Well the entire area around the converted power station (the track apparently went both in and out of the station), was all gated off, so what you see above was the best I could get!

No comments:

Post a Comment