A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Monday, July 5, 2010

Italy-Day 4-Firenze!

One of my favorite things in Florence that I hadn't experienced before-two older men working in the Il Papiro shop showed us how to make marbelized paper. It was super neat! They also gave us good suggestions about where to stay in Elba. If only we had listened...




There's the paper he made right in the front.

I bought one of these stamps with a "BH" to make wax seals (and bought the wax too)!

Tiff and I in front of the Duomo

When Mom, Dad, Cat, Zak, Jerry, and Glenda visited me in italy in 2006, the pensione that we stayed in was just to the right of this gate.

Leather market

Tiffany and I in front of the Ponte Vecchio

Ponte Vecchio

Locks of Love at Ponte Vecchio-Couples in love write heir name on a lock, lock it on the chains, then throw the key into the Arno River to symbolize eternal love. Now obviously with thousands of people doing this a year, they actually must have to take them off every so often. These weren't even actually on the bridge, but on the walk to it because they must be getting lazy about cutting them off.

Duomo peeking out. And yes, there were THAT many people there.

Look at all the scooters! (not to mention brave souls who drive in Italy)

My one and only gelato in Italy. Had I known, I would have got a grande!!!!

Duomo-Still stunnning to see right in the middle of the city with cars driving by ont heir way to and from work-even if you've seen it close to 20 times!

Florence is still one of my favorite places in Italy hands down. No matter the masses of people or not! It's definitley an awesome city.

1 comment:

  1. You are a traveling machine!! It seems I love each set of pictures you post more than the one before it. I can't WAIT for you to put all of these in an album to flip back through down the road. :) Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete