A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Italy-Day 2-Arezzo

When we lived in Castiglion in 2006, I remember that one of my favorite things we did was go to the Arezzo antique market at the first weekend of every month. Arezzo is only one train stop away from Castiglion and about a 20-30 minute sccoter ride from Lignano. It was so much better than I even remembered! Dad, wish you were here to see it. I know you would have loved it.

If these weren't glass and so large, would have bought one :)





The market ran into just about every street into town. Much larger then what I remembered from four years ago!

We parked somewhere that Tiffany hadn't parked and stumbled through a great park and to a gate into the city. This was where we stumbled into. "Stumbling" through random streets in Houston won't find you anything like this.

View of Arezzo from over the wall-at a park Tiffany and I stumbled onto

So one of the reasons I planned the trip when I did was one, beacuse it worked with Tiffany's schedule, and two, because I REALLY wanted to go to this market. It was definitely a highlight of the trip, even though there were so many other great things as well. I've posted more photos of everything on facebook (like 200 something). And to think I took about 600 while in italy! It was very tough to condense down to just 10 or so for each blog post. Italy has lots and lots of markets. However, a lot of them are junk (I will post pics of some examples), or leather (Florence) that I have no interest in. This market had a smorgesborg (haha- I googled how to spell this word) of so many great things. On top of that, it was a pleasant scooter ride (everyone gives us strange looks because we are two Americans-yes they can tell-on a scooter), and great to be in somewhere so familiar again. It was also good that Tiffany speaks nearly fluent Italian now (she will argue and say she doesn't) because she could bargain for things and understand what prices they were saying (a problem I remember having 4 years ago when we went to the market).

No comments:

Post a Comment