A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Covent Garden

He looks so much like Johnny Depp!




Not sure what these GINORMOUS skillets were full of, but it grossed me out based on size alone.

More street performers

This market had some strange items-mainly touristy clothes and things. One stall had some cool posters of London done by some artist. Yes, I realize that was really not informative at all, but I can't remember anything about them except where they are located in the market.


This little guy was pushing this ball around the open area for entertainment. There were tons of street performers, but for some reason, this kept me watching longest.lol

London Transport Museum-want to go back here and go into the actual museum, not just the gift shop.

Imogen Belfield-Found a great and unique jewelry store in Covent Garden (no idea where exactly), but it was selling some of this type of raw metal jewelry which I love!


London Transport Museum-moquette fabric they use on the tubes

Yes, tube fabric is this retro


So, the weather the past few days has not been great, but I had to get out of the house today. I decided to go to a travel book store and get some books on Barcelona and Greece to help us decide exactly what to do on our trip. The store I went to was in between Leicester Square and Covent Garden, so when I was done, I decided to walk to Covent Garden Market which I haven't been to yet on this trip. While getting lost int he giant market, I ran into the London Transport Museum and the tube-inspried fabric covering the furniture in the window kind of drew me into the gift shop!

3 comments:

  1. That's paella!!! We will prob be seeing a lot of that in Spain. Girl, we need to get you out and experiencing new things ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frequented that gift shop A LOT! haha I think it had the best "tourist" type souvenirs in London. My family bought a few London prints from an artist in Covent Garden.. they really liked his stuff. Wish I could remember his name!

    We bought a few items with those tube fabrics on them. I think I have a change purse somewhere, and a dog collar for Daisy! haha

    You're going to Greece??!! I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger-I loved this shop too! I really liked the tube fabric items, but they didn't have anything remotely useful like a change purse! Did you actually go into the museum? I can't decide if it's worth the 8 pounds.

    We were going to Greece, but apprently it will be the off season by the time we can go, so instead we are trying to plan a tour of Spain!

    ReplyDelete