A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baker Street, Marylebone High Street

Baker Street-Known for the home of fictional character Sherlock Holmes (as seen in the tube stop decor)

More from the tube stop!

Cool Art Noveau dedication sign at a school

This school also had a rather lovely door!

One of my new favorite stores-next to Noah's Ark and Liberty of London

So many great books I've never seen anywhere else! Their travel section was two levels!

Designer's Guild on Marylebone High street. They have one store triple its size on King's Road. This makes me miss my Eames chairs!

I love the metal chair and the little mid-century modern night stand behind it


So after a good few days staying in at Bob's doing laundry, catching up on Hollyoaks, and researching immigration (yes, I'm having some major issues), we finally decided to head out to somewhere on my list of places to go. This place happens to be Daunt Books on Marylebone High Street. As I love book shops, and this was one listed in my design books as particularly good for design and travel books (not to mention a nice interior), we decided to take a look. Once we got past the massive crwod at Madame Toussard's wax museum (does that not creep anyone else out-wax figures?), we foudn Marylebone High Street. We only went into a few shops as rain was threatening above, but I codul have spent hours in Daunt! I will definitely be back!

2 comments:

  1. That bookstore looks awesome! and I did the whole Madame Tussauds thing.. you get to take your picture with the Queen and the Beatles! ha! However.. their newest attraction is Robert Pattinson :-) I would definitely go to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt even know you went out yesterday. We didnt even chat about that. I know you have other things on your mind. Id go to Madame Tussauds!!! Yes creepy...but great picture ops. I can only imagine what Zak would come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete