A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

LDF-Staircase Fun with Vic and Al (not my most exciting post...)

V&A Signage from the Tunnels that take you to South Kensington Station (I read about this sign in the paper-it's brand new and apparently cost quite a bit of money to get the letters to work from both sides! Definitely the flashiest of the museum tunnel signs.)

Exhibit for London Design Festival- The stair is framed using off-cut pieces of picture frames






You could only walk up, not down (not sure why), so then I had to snake around the museum to find the exit as this was the only thing I came to see!


Today was a very very busy day! Dolan comes in tomorrow and then on Friday we leave for Spain! This being said, I had lots of errands I wanted to do, things I wanted to see (that I wouldn't subject Dolan to-like this staircase for exmaple), and things to buy just in case immigration doesn't deem me worthy of coming back into the country like they almost did when I came back from Italy. So I started out my day by going to see this exhibit at the V&A. It was pretty cool (to me), but I can see why others may not think too much of it.haha. From South Kensington, I went to Portobello Road. There were a few off hand boutiques I wanted to look at in case-one:when I get back in October all of the sales of their summer clothes are done (their summer clothes=all year wear for Houston) or two: I don't get to see them again! After making a few purchases, I headed to the other side of the city to Spitalfields Market. They say the stalls close at 4, but luckily as I got there at 3:45, most were still open and were willing to let me look around. I found a few bargain dresses (I once shunned market shopping thinking all the clothes were cheesy and cheap, and now I love it because they are cheap, and not all cheesy)!
From Spitalfields, I made my way back to Bob's in order to finish up laundry, pack for Spain, and get everything ready for Doaln in case he just wants to pass out when he gets here (although I think with his one 1/2 days in London, he will most likely want to pack in as much as possible!). Oh London, when the time comes, I'm going to really miss you. I feel like we are just now getting to know each other!

1 comment:

  1. i love that staircase!!! what's it made of?? it looks like crown moulding... haha. i hope you guys have a wonderful time!!!! tell dolan i said hi. be safe!!! i will write you back now. :)

    ReplyDelete