A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dinosaurs and things...

Horses outside the Horse Guards Parade on Whitehall. They were standing in a pile of their poo....

Currently the Fourth Plinth is occupied by the ship in a bottle. But I liked the writing on the ground better than what was actually on the plinth. I borrowed Dolan's shadow as well.
Natural History Museum

Reminded me of the 'Night at the Museum' movies! Dinosaurs!



Bones










The Great Court at the British Museum

Reflections in windows...



Dolan arrived yesterday morning, so after a quick lunch, we tried to use the good weather to our advantage and see a bit of London. We started out at Embankment and walked acorss to Southbank towards Westminster. We passed by the London Eye, Parliament, and Westminster Abbey. Since Dolan has been here once before (many many years ago), he wasn't too worried about seeing all of the sights. Even so, I made us walk to Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square, and Covent Garden as I feel they are very "London" next to the Southbank tour. After all this walking and Dolan getting little sleep in the past few days, we headed back to Bob's so he could take a nap. That evening we went for what was supposed to be a short stroll around Clapham Common. Well, I got us lost (surprise), and two hours later, my legs aching, we finally made it back to Bob's.
Today was a miserable day weather-wise. It was pouring and had turned quite cold. If there's something I can't stand (and Dolan too), it's wet socks! We started out at the Natural History Museum thinking we could escape the rain by doing a day of Museums. Unfortunately, Dolan was under the impression that this museum would have paintings, but instead, we just saw dinosaurs and minerals (both at my request-I mean we were already there!). From there we decided maybe the British Museum would be more exciting, but after having it pour on us the whole way there, and running into cafes to find somewhere to eat only to find strange menus and expensive prices, we were exhausted. We ending up eating in the museum cafe, took a few pictures, then headed back towards Bob's, stopping for a bit to do a few errands for me. Not terribly exciting days for Dolan in London I'm afraid!

1 comment:

  1. I remember you buying all those glass balls at the Natural History Museum when we were younger. I loved going to the museums when we visited. Miss you sis!

    ReplyDelete