A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!!!

Reflection of Harrod's-see it???

Knightsbridge Tube




Still in Knightsbridge...It has like 6 different tube entrances spread over a block or so

Christmas window displays at Harvey Nichols! Wasn't too sure about the weird "people"


Oxford Street!

Now if only I could figure out when they turn on the lights that are shaped like bows and umbrellas and span the whole street!




Selfridges

Selfridges window displays were definitely the best!


Tons of little stuffed dogs. This one was particularly popular with the little kids! :)


Selfridges Window Displays




So I've always wanted to go to New York during Christmas time (or just at all) to see all the window displays and lights lining the streets (and of course the giant Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center). Well luckily London does it up just as big! They have already got out a few of their outdoor ice skating rinks, Christmas trees, and lights! I love it! Now if only I could figure out when Oxford Circus turns on all the lights hanging across the street... (note: These pictures were taken in between 5-5:30. Yes, it got dark at 4:30! I think I'm leaving at a good time of year. When it starts getting dark at 2:30 in the afternoon and it's freezing, I feel doubtful that I would have much motivation to leave the house!).

3 comments:

  1. It feels like everything's skipping straight to Christmas this year!! Pretty window displays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these pics! My parents really enjoyed looking at all the Christmas window displays when they lived there (especially my Mom!). Unfortunately my visits to London were always in the summer, so I never got to see any of this. However - I have been to NYC during the holidays to see their window displays, christmas trees, and ice rinks! and THAT is a sight to see!

    Are you sad to be coming home soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas decorations I know its early but I love seeing the commercials and ads for Christmas already. Makes me happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete