A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Friday, November 12, 2010

"I passed through the seven layers of the Candy Cane forest..."
















So I finally got to see the lights of Oxford Street all lit up. After doing some recon work online, I figure out when they were turned on (apparently there was a huge ceremony with celebrities and things to turn them on on Nov. 5th). And as a bonus, Regent's Street had these star canopies stretched out across the streets as well. I think they were actually more impressive. And they seemed to have pictures of the characters from the Chronicles of Narnia on some of them (not sure what that was about). I wasn't sure why Oxford Street had umbrellas as one of their repeating decorations with the boxes of presents, but I think I'm beginning to understand why! It pretty much rains everyday now! It was raining when I went out to take these photos, but with my nights here dwindling, I thought I'd better go take pics before I run out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment