A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Last Photography Social :(


Yes, I want to see the Deathtrap play for the sole reason that Jonathan Groff (Glee's Jesse) is in it (and no, this photo and many of the others do not have any relevance to the challenge)!

Shoes! ok, getting sidetracked again...

"Use Reflections" was one of our ten challenges to get photos of

"Use Props" or on the way to "Shoot a portrait not showing someone's face" (but obviously didn't quite get there). Could also be "Capture Personality"...kind of (all depends on how you sell it to the judges!)


More non-relavant photos...
"Use Shadows" was another challenge

More shadows!

"Take a photo from an unusual viewpoint"

"Create Drama" (and as you might have noticed, we were supposed to bring props as well, as one challenge was "Use Props", hence the witches hat and the perfect opportunity to use it thanks to Wicked posters in Leicester Square!)

To get her in the right place where she would be the same size as Glinda in the poster (or as close as we could get) took quite a bit of moving, repositioning, and looking a bit silly!


"Self Portrait" was one of the challenges as well although this didn't turn out too great...


Theme of this social is: (drumroll please) PORTRAITURE! This immediately made me not want to sign up because if you've noticed, I don't really like people in my photos. Not only that, but our teamates and ourselevs are supposed to be the subjects in the photos which made it less appealing (that's why I take the photos, so I don't have to be in them!). And the third drawback? Bring props!haha... But I'm really glad I went because the next social isn't until Nov. 17th which is the day I go back to the states :( . So our night started at the Round Table pub in Leicester Square and we got our assignment with our ten different challenges pertaining to portraits "Shoot an abstract portrait, Use backlighting in a portrait, and the ones listed above (plus one more I can't remember). Our team, "Shooting Pumpkins" (a take on Smashing Pumpkins, Halloween, and Shooting in the photography sense), went around Leicester Square for an hour trying to get all the shots in. It proved to be as hard as the last social on the boat where instead of shooting randomly, you have to plan all of your shots and even create a few! As usual though, I had a great time, and I will really miss all my photography friends :( I only wish they had something like this in Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment