A TEXAS GIRL'S RAMBLINGS OF TRAVELING IN LONDON AND SO FORTH...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Falltime means Christmas in London!

Mom and Bob going to get some groceries down in Balham

Oxford Circus at sunset (which is at like 6 p.m. now...)


Oxford Street has their Christmas decorations up, and I love it! (it's ok to put up Christmas decorations here in October because it's actually cold, I don't think Halloween is that big here, and of course there is no Thanksgiving!)


Leaves changing color outside of Spitalfields Market

Some bunny statues outside of Spitalfields?

The Christmas shop is open in Liberty of London


Haha who woudn't want that animal in their house? (I thought at the time it was a deer, but it kind of looks like a donkey now)

An entire portion of the Christmas shop dedicated to candy!






So the days are getting much shorter and colder! When I first got here, the sun came up at 4 a.m. and it stayed light until almost 11 p.m. Now it's getting dark at 6 p.m., and in the dead of winter it will get dark at about 3 p.m. The temperature will hit freezing for the first time tonight in London, so I have stocked up on winter wear-jackets, gloves, and contemplating some ear muffs (people actually wear them here!). I hope I will actually be able to use some of it when I get back to Houston!

3 comments:

  1. lol you won't get to use the earmuffs, for sure...but you should still wear them out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The high today in Houston - 90 degrees! Not sure you'll be needing all those winter clothes when you get back. But you never know! Texas is known for crazy sporadic weather :-)
    Love the Christmas decorations! I bet London is beautiful to see that time of year. Enjoy your visit with your Mom! and tell her I said Hi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may not be wearing any winter attire this year. It's been in the 90's the past week. I'm sick of it and so ready for the cooler weather!!

    Glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete